These healthy—and delicious!—pancakes are a good source of protein and fiber.
Total Time: 27 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield: 8 servings
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 cups low-fat buttermilk
2 tsp. baking soda
½ cup wheat germ
½ tsp. fine sea salt
1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1¼ cups fresh blueberries (reserve ¼ cup for garnish)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine eggs, oil, and buttermilk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Combine baking soda, wheat germ, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
4. Fold in 1 cup blueberries; mix until just blended.
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-high heat. Ladle ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles cover the top. Flip; cook for an additional minute, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Garnish pancakes evenly with ¼ cup blueberries.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 49 mg
Sodium: 540 mg
Carbohydrate: 27 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 9 g